Friday, January 20, 2017

Hello Sunshine

As soon as I saw Tracey's fabulous inspiration card for this week's Muse challenge, this sunshine themed design popped into my mind.  I took the rays in the heart that Tracey used and translated them into the sun's rays.  Mine are made with a mix of different yellow patterned paper scraps.  I added a pinking circle sun, made sparkly with a coating of a sparkly glitter brush pen.  The "hello sunshine" sentiment from the Paper Smooches Summer Lovin' stamp set was stamped next to the sun in black ink.  For even more sparkle, I surrounded the words with a trio of silver sequins.  The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base, using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Summer Lovin' stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); clear glitter pen (Spectrum Noir); silver sequins; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I love how you translated the rays of the heart into rays of sun. The mixture of patterns really sets it off. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike - I went with a sun too! Love the 'patchwork quilt' feel of your papers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips