Saturday, February 18, 2017

Celebrate

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I flipped the sketch on its side to create a simple, easy to mail birthday card.

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I represented each of the layout's narrow rectangular panels with a die cut candle.  The candles were cut out with MFT's Make a Wish dies.  I arranged them somewhat evenly on a Sno Cone panel, then topped each with a vivid yellow flame.  It doesn't show in the photo, but the flames are sparkly, courtesy of a light coating of clear glitter from a glitter brush pen.  I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment from the coordinating Make a Wish stamp set on one of the blue candles in teal blue ink.  I adhered the finished panel to a turquoise card base, matching the blue candles on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Make a Wish stamp set, Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Make a Wish dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Teal Zeal ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, and Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); clear Sparkle glitter pen (Spectrum Noir)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips