Friday, February 10, 2017

Love Always


Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I used the sketch along with the heart theme from the photo as inspiration for my design.

Love Always card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions
I used the beautiful Floating Hearts cutting plate from Taylored Expressions to make my background.  After cutting the plate from red cardstock, I backed it with a pink panel.  With the simple gray panel at the center, the cutout hearts look like a frame, kind of like the quilt's border in the photo.  For the sentiment, I stamped "always" from the Love You More set on a cream circle, then added the die cut word "love" over it.  For dimension, I layered the die cut over a matching piece of craft foam before adhering it to the sentiment panel.  I accented the gray panel with a piece of cream satin ribbon, knotted at the top.  The finished panel was adhered to a cream card base.

Materials Used:
Love You More stamp and die combo, Floating Hearts cutting plate (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pink Lemonade cardstock (My Favorite Things); circle dies (Spellbinders); cream satin ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Elegant and gorgeous, Lori! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips