Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Little Birdie Told Me

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used a bird image I colored up a few days ago for the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge to make a simple scene.

A Little Birdie Told Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from WPlus9
The bird is from the WPlus9 Happy Birds set.  After coloring it with Copic markers, I cut it out with the matching die, then used foam tape to adhere the bird to an aqua grid patterned paper panel.  To fill in the scene, I die cut a pair of clouds from shimmery white cardstock using WPlus9's Sunshine Layers dies and arranged them behind the bird image.  The set's "a little birdie told me" sentiment was stamped next to the bird in black ink. I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating teal card base.

Materials Used:
Happy Birds stamps, Happy Birds and Sunshine Layers dies (WPlus9); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Aqua Screen cardstock (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips