Sunday, March 5, 2017

Have a Blast

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  My colleague's request for boy birthday cards was still on my mind, so that served as the inspiration for this design.  I took a few liberties with the sketch, but I think you can still see the basic bones of the layout.

Have a Blast card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI colored up the space explorer with Copic markers, then cut him out using the matching die.  For the background, I used a navy card base with a semi circle "moon" at the bottom.  It's hard to see in the photo, but there's a polka dot pattern debossed in the circle to look like craters.  Before putting the image in place with foam tape, I placed a contrasting red frame, cut with two Pierced Rectangle STAX dies, at the center of the cardfront.  The "have a blast" sentiment was stamped on a narrow silver fishtail flag strip and positioned just beneath the explorer.  A trio of silver glitter enamel dot stars scattered around the explorer added one final whimsical touch to the design.

Materials Used:
Space Explorer stamp set, Die-namics Space Explorer, Pierced Rectangle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Crushed Curry, and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections silver cardstock (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips