Monday, March 20, 2017

Mojo Monday 489-Celebrate and Enjoy

Celebrate and Enjoy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  Since today's the first day of spring, I tried to come up with something that had a spring like feel.

I started out with a strip of floral patterned paper.  After edging it with a narrow strip of red cardstock, I placed it near the bottom of a coordinating pale blue cardstock panel.  I replaced the sketch's round panel with a heart shape, die cut with a pretty die from Lil' Inker Designs.  For dimension, I cut the heart out twice--once from kraft cardstock and once from craft foam--then layered the two pieces before adhering them to the blue panel.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "celebrate," again from both kraft and craft foam, then adhered it to a golden yellow panel.  I stamped the "and enjoy" sentiment from the Sweet Celebration stamp set just beneath it in brown ink  I used foam tape to secure the sentiment to the panel, overlapping the heart just a bit.  To set it off from the rest of the panel, I tucked a contrasting red strip underneath the top edge of the sentiment panel.  I accented it with a tiny yellow flower and leaf.  The finished panel was adhered to a red card base.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:

 Materials Used:
Sweet Celebration stamp set, Sweet Celebration and Celebrate Word dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Rich Cocoa and Memento Luxe Pistachio inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Mimosa ink (Avery Elle); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Poppy Parade cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); On the Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); craft foam; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Lori! Love these sunny colors and that fabulous scribble heart.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips