Thursday, March 9, 2017

Sending You Sunshine and Rainbows

Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I rotated the sketch to work with the cheery rainbow image from the Paper Smooches Luminous Spring stamp set.

Wishing You Sunshine and Rainbows card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
With the help of my MISTI, I stamped the rainbow on a white panel, extending the length of the stripes of color just a bit.  The rainbow was colored in with Copic markers.  I shaded the clouds just a bit, then added some sparkle with a clear glitter brush marker.  The set's "wishing you sunshine and rainbows" sentiment was stamped next to the rainbow in black ink.  I used distress ink and a brush to add a sky-like background to the panel.  I think I may have liked it more before I added the sky, but once I got started, there was no turning back . . . A few silver sequins brought in a bit more sparkle to the simple design.  After matting the panel on silver cardstock, I adhered it to a blue card base to match the sky background.

Materials Used:
Luminous Spring and Spectrum stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter pen (Spectrum Noir); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections silver cardstock (Michaels); silver sequins

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips