Sunday, March 12, 2017

You're My Favorite Super Hero

I colored this super hero image from Mama Elephant's Tiny Heroes stamp set a few days ago for the Daily Marker Thirty Day Coloring Challenge and it's been sitting on my desk, waiting to find a home on a card.  This week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was perfect for showing her off!

You're My Favorite Super Hero card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
I made a sky background for my super hero from a light blue panel with a shimmery white cloud positioned at the bottom.  After arranging a spiral of silver thread on the panel, I used foam tape to adhere the die cut image on top.  The "you're my favorite super hero" sentiment was stamped at the top of the panel in red pigment ink.  I edged the image panel with strips of sparkly silver cardstock, then adhered it to a bold red panel. The finished panel was adhered to a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Tiny Heroes stamp set, Tiny Heroes and Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Pacific Point, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections silver cardstock, silver thread (Michaels); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE how you created this card!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the thread behind. At first I thought it was a die cut, inlaid circle. Great design. Onto Pinterest it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a fabbo card! Your super girl is super indeed floating among the clouds! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card! What a fabulous image you've used - it's another great Lori card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips