Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cheer Up

Here's my card for this month's Paper Smooches shower themed challenge.  I created a card with a rainy scene using PS stamps and dies.

Cheer Up card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
The background was created with the ink smooshing technique.  I used two colors of distress inks on my watercolor paper panel, even though it looks like I only used one.  After the panel dried, I flicked some water droplets on it to add interest, then adhered a pair of shimmery white die cut clouds using foam tape.  To go with the clouds, I stamped and colored the umbrella image from the Sunny Side Up set, then added it to the cloud cluster using more foam tape.  The "cheer up" sentiment from the Bosom Buddy set was stamped next to the images in black ink.  I arranged a trio of aqua sequin "raindrops" beneath the cloud for sparkle and texture, then layered the finished panel on to a teal card base.

Materials Used:
Sunny Side Up and Bosom Buddy stamp sets, Clouds dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks (Ranger); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); aqua sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips