Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Color Throwdown 438-My Mane Squeeze


It's time for another Color Throwdown!  Lynn is our hostess this week and she's sharing a warm, sunny color combination--coral, yellow, green, and white.

You're My Mane Squeeze card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up a pair of lions from the My Favorite Things Lions and Tigers set in a somewhat non-traditional color scheme for my design.  Coral and golden yellow work for lions, right?  Anyway, after coloring and die cutting my lion pair, I used foam tape to adhere them to a yellow patterned paper panel.  To ground them, I tucked a strip of green "grass," cut with a border punch, underneath them.  The set's "you're my main squeeze" sentiment was stamped on a narrow yellow cardstock strip and centered beneath the bottom edge of the grass strip.  After matting the patterned paper panel on white cardstock, I adhered the panel to a coordinating yellow card base.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine.  Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project.  And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD438.  If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd438 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram (and on Facebook!) with the username colorthrowdown.

Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team, our April guestie Jeanne Jachna, and this week’s guest star stamper, Annie Rosensteil.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** Broni ** 
 ** Jodi ** Lisa ** Lynn ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** April guestie Jeanne Jachna **
** Guest Star Stamper  Annie Rosensteil **

Materials Used:
Lions and Tigers stamp set, Lemon Drop and Sour Apple cardstock, Fun & Frolic 6x6 paper pad, Lions and Tigers dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips