Tuesday, April 25, 2017

You're Spectacular

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge, coming in again just before the deadline.  I turned the sketch on its side to create this simple graphic design using the Geek Is Chic stamp set and coordinating Geek Is Chic Glasses dies.

You're Spectacular card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I built the card on a Grout Gray cardfront.  I adhered a wide black cardstock panel across the middle of the cardfront, then added a gray on pale gray grid patterned paper to the center.  To add color and contrast, I adhered a red cardstock strip near the bottom of the grid patterned panel.  The "I think you're spectacular" sentiment was stamped on a narrow pale gray fishtail flag strip, then adhered at the bottom of the red strip.

I represented the layout's small round element with a pair of die cut glasses.  The glasses were cut from red cardstock and from craft foam.  I layered the two pieces for dimension.  They were adhered to the right side of the grid panel to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Geek Is Chic stamp set, Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Geek Is Chic Glasses and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Good Fellows 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants Designs); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips