Monday, May 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Flutter

***  Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge!  ***



photo source:  www.design-seeds.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Lil' Inker DesignsFor my take on the challenge, I took my inspiration from the dimensional butterflies and from the pastel colors on the gray background and incorporated both of those elements in my design.  My gray background is a super pale one.  I added a trio of pastel butterflies, cut with stitched butterfly dies from Lil' Inker Designs, to the panel.  For dimension, I layered white vellum over the cardstock die cuts, adhering the vellum just at the center so that the wings could be folded back for dimension.  The butterfly bodies were added on with tiny dots of pale pink Liquid Pearls.  

For the sentiment, instead of stamping, I die cut the word "celebrate" from cardstock and craft foam using another Lil' Inker Designs die.  I layered the two die cut pieces and placed them on the cardfront.  The tone on tone look is so pretty and subtle, but the dimension helps it to really stand out.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Flutter for the challenge details and to play along with us! 

Materials Used:
Stitched Butterflies, Celebrate Word dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Grout Gray and Pink Lemonade cardstock (My Favorite Things); Lilac Grace cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white vellum (Stampin' Up!); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); craft foam

2 comments:

  1. Ahh...this is so beautiful. Love how light and airy this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty take on the inspiration photo, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips