Friday, May 12, 2017

I Thank My Lucky Stars

Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I represented the layout's trio of elements with sparkly silver die cut stars and created a watercolor style background panel to show them off.

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
My stars were made with two dies from the Seeing Stars die set.  I cut the stars from both silver cardstock and foam tape, then layered the pieces.  I arranged them on my watercolor background panel, then stamped the thank you sentiment from the Because of the Brave set in the open space. To bring in some contrast, I adhered a plaid patterned strip to the bottom of the panel.  It's set off from the watercolored panel with a narrow strip of silver cardstock.  For a final touch of star-like sparkle, I added a trio of silver glitter enamel dots to the panel, positioning a dot next to each star.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating teal card base.

Materials Used:
Because of the Brave stamp set, Seeing Stars dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, and Peacock Feathers distress inks (Ranger); Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Perfectly Plaid-Wnter 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips