Monday, May 29, 2017

Mojo Monday 499-Dad

Dad card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  We're switching things up a bit this week with a square layout.

I used the layout to create a card for Father's Day.  I already had the white card base with the dot embossed kraft panel on my table, a discarded piece from a long ago project, so I started with that.  To top the dot embossed panel, I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" stamp from the SugarPea Designs Terrific Ties set repeatedly on a white panel in navy ink.  After matting the panel on navy cardstock to match the text, I placed it on the center of the cardfront.  For the oval panel, I die cut the word "Dad" from kraft cardstock and a sheet of SPD's SugarPuff craft foam using the Dad Word dies.  After layering the two die cuts, I adhered them to the navy panel.  I placed it over a pair of long artichoke and kraft strips, edged with a little bit of brown twill, also rescued from my scrap pile.  The pieces were adhered to the center of the cardfront to complete the design.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:


Materials Used:
Terrific Ties stamp set, Dad Words dies, SugarPuff foam sheets (SugarPea Designs); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Night of Navy and Always Artichoke cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Die-namics Pierced Oval STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Dotted embossing folder (Sizzix); brown twill

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips