Friday, May 26, 2017

Thanks a Lot Bud

The theme for this month's Paper Smooches challenge is flowers.  I used the Best Buds set to whip up this simple design with a floral focal image.

Thanks a Lot card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I stamped the floral banner image in black ink, then colored the image with Copic markers.  I chose the set's "thanks a lot" sentiment to fill in the banner.  The sentiments are perfectly curved to fit the banner, so it's easy to center them just right!  I don't have the matching dies for this set, so I carefully fussy cut the colored image, then set it aside to put together the rest of the card.

I placed an angled pink panel at the bottom of a pale pink card base, using a narrow strip of gold paper to make the transition between the two shades of pink.  After arranging some loops of hemp twine over the angled section of the cardfront, I added the cutout banner on top, using foam tape for dimension.  A trio of sparkly gold glitter enamel dots arranged around the banner completed the design.

Materials Used:
Best Buds stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Insulation Pink and Bubblegum cardstock (My Favorite Things); hemp twine (Hemptique); gold glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori- you always knock my socks off! I love the colors and design of this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers:) THANKS for joining in the fun with our May challenge <3

    Hope you are doing well <3 HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips