Sunday, May 21, 2017

You Make My Life Brighter

You Make My Life Brighter card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I created a bright, cheery design using the Giddy Bugs set from Paper Smooches.  For the focal image, I colored up the set's lightning bug with Copic markers, then coated it with a light layer of glitter from a glitter brush pen.  After cutting the image out, I used foam tape to adhere it to a yellow card base with a bold chevron patterned panel at the top and a narrow but equally bold dark pink cardstock strip at the bottom.  The set's "you make my life brighter" sentiment was heat embossed at the bottom of the card in white for a nice pop against the pink background.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Zest cardstock (My Favorite Things); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cool Summer 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a cute bee!! I love with it with the bright colors and patterns (works perfectly with the sentiment!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips