Saturday, June 3, 2017

Chalkboard Cupcakes

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with chalkboard styled images inspired by the challenge photo to create this super sweet birthday card.

Chalkboard Cupcake card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
My cupcakes come from Avery Elle's Bring on the Cake stamp set.  I stamped the images on gray cardstock in white pigment ink, then added just a bit of color using Prismacolor pencils.  The cherries were stamped on a cardstock scrap and die cut, then adhered to the cupcakes with foam tape.  After I rounded the corners on each image panel, I brushed the edges of the panels with my white pigment ink pad for a chalky look. 

The images were arranged at the top of a pale pink cardstock panel and adhered with foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "wishing you the happiest birthday" sentiment from the Merriest stamp set beneath the images in gray pigment ink.  The finished panel was adhered to a rose card base.

Materials Used:
Bring on the Cake and Merriest stamp sets (Avery Elle); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); colored pencils (Prismacolor); Pale Peony cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips