Monday, June 12, 2017

Sending Hugs

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "cheerful get well."  I think this sweet mail-themed scene fits the bill!

I started off by creating the background for my scene.  The clouds were made with a stencil and an ink applicator.  I added a grassy hill, cut with a stitched edge die, on the bottom of the panel.  Once the background was finished, I used Lawn Fawn's Happy Mail dies to create the mailbox, envelope, and hearts.  The mailbox was cut from silver cardstock to give it a shiny, metallic look.  After assembling the mailbox, I positioned it on the background with the envelope peeking out from inside and a pair of hearts floating above it.  The "sending hugs" sentiment from the On the Mend set was stamped beneath the mailbox.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating turquoise card base.

Materials Used:
On the Mend stamp set, Happy Mail dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); Kiwi Kiss and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Lori! Love that sweet little mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet style, Lori! This card is just too cute and so perfectly cheerful! So happy you joined us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips