Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

With the official start of summer earlier this week, it's time for the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  My card features a refreshing cold drink and a bold, bright color scheme that screams summer to me.

You're So Chill card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
The layout is based on the Sunday Sip 'n Share sketch shared on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog earlier this week.  My drink is from the Lil' Inker Designs Coffee Talk set.  I colored it up with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching die.  To go with the pink drink, I placed a multicolored striped patterned paper panel across a turquoise cardstock panel.  The striped panel was topped with a narrow solid green cardstock strip with a line of machine stitching (yes, I pulled out my long-neglected sewing machine) across it. 

I folded a strip of rose grosgrain ribbon from my scrap pile and adhered it to the left side of the panel on top of the patterned paper strip.  After winding up a length of silver thread on the panel to form a thread nest, I secured the image on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The "you're so chill" sentiment from the Bunny Buddies set was stamped on a narrow strip of pink cardstock and added to the panel.  A pair of iridescent sequins arranged around the sentiment strip completed the design. The finished panel was adhered to a bold pink card base.

Materials Used
Coffee Talk and Bunny Buddies stamp sets, Coffee Talk dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Green Acres cardstock (WPlus9); Springtime 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); silver thread (Michaels); iridescent sequins (Darice); sewing machine; foam tape

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, summery colours, Lori! I love that paper :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is so sweet! I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful summery stripes on this - love the swirl of thread

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the fun and bright colours on your card, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stitching detail on this very pretty card.
    Love all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors you used are cheerful and I really like the sentiment. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and fresh looking card, Lori.
    Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bright and pretty! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and fun colors on your coffee card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bright colors and loved the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips