Saturday, August 19, 2017

Happily Ever After

It's the 100th challenge at Global Design Project!  I couldn't resist playing along with their special "CASE the Designer" challenge to mark the occasion.

Happily Ever After card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
My love themed design was inspired by Krista's gorgeous creation.  As Krista did, I heat embossed a sentiment and added a watercolor background around it.  My sentiment is from the Lil' Inker Designs Ever stamp set.  I stamped it in white pigment ink, then heat embossed it before adding a watercolor background with three shades of distress ink.  When the ink dried, I splattered a bit of silver shimmer spray around the panel.  I don't do this often because I have a fear of over-splattering, but I think it worked out okay here!  I die cut a pair of stitched hearts from red and silver cardstock, then added them to the panel using foam tape.  A trio of silver sequins arranged around the hearts and text added a bit more sparkle.  The finished panel was adhered to a deep red card base, matching the larger die cut heart.

Materials Used:
Ever stamp set, Stitched Heart dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, and Festive Berries distress inks (Ranger); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Michaels); Tinsel Color Shine (Heidi Swapp); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips