Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Whoops

Whoops card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  My take is a pretty literal interpretation on the layout.  I used a monochromatic color scheme for the design, starting with the lightest color on top.  I die cut "whoops" from teal cardstock and from craft foam using the Lil' Inker Designs Whoops Word die.  After layering the die cut words, I adhered them to the panel, following the panel's angled edge. The rest of the sentiment ("I missed your birthday") was stamped beneath the die cut word in matching teal ink. 

Instead of layering more angled cardstock panels beneath the sentiment panel, I just added narrow strips of cardstock scraps along the panel's edge, then trimmed them down to even them out.  The angled panel was adhered to an aqua card base using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Whoops stamp set, Whoops Word die (Lil' Inker Designs); Tropical Teal ink (My Favorite Things); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); craft foam; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips