Saturday, October 7, 2017

So Glad Things Are Looking Up

Looking Up card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made an encouraging card using an image from the Giraffing Me Crazy set as my focal image.

I colored one of the set's giraffe images with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with the matching die.  The image was adhered to a blue die cut circle with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom, using foam tape for dimension.  The image panel was adhered to a yellow gingham panel and trimmed so that the edge of the circle matched with the edge of the gingham panel.  I rounded the top two corners before adhering the patterned paper panel to a green card base.  The set's "so glad things are looking up" sentiment on a narrow white fishtail flag strip and adhered it to the panel, overlapping the left side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Factory Green cardstock, Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Giraffing Me Crazy and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); Grass border punch (Fiskars); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips