Sunday, December 17, 2017

Snowy Season's Greetings

 Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I stretched the square layout to a standard A2 sized card for my holiday themed design.

Season's Greetings card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
I used three of the snowflake images from Avery Elle's Snowflakes to create my own patterned paper panel.  The shimmery silver flakes are so pretty IRL!  For dimension, I dotted the center of each flake with a bit of Silver Liquid Pearls.  I used one of the coordinating dies to cut the word "season's" from pale blue cardstock.  After adhering the word to the stamped panel, I stamped the word "greetings" beneath it.  A strip of silver cardstock was placed beneath the panel.  I trimmed the extended ends of the "season's" die cut to be even with the end of the silver strips, then used foam tape to adhere the stamped panel to a piece of textured blue cardstock that was a remnant from a past holiday card.  The finished panel was adhered to a pale blue card base to match the "season's" sentiment.

Materials Used:
Snowflakes stamp set, Snowflakes dies (Avery Elle); Delicata Silvery Shimmer and Memento Bahama Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); cardstock (Bazzill); Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your use of the long sentiment as the top strip of the sketch - fun and so creative! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips