Saturday, January 13, 2018

Bee Mine

Bee Mine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm also adding my love themed design to the current Paper Smooches anything goes challenge.  I used one of the bees from the PS Bee Mine set as the focal image for my card.  The bee was colored up with Copic markers, then cut out with the coordinating die from the Bee Mine Icons die set.  It doesn't show well in the photo, but I coated the bee's wings with a bit of clear glitter for a subtle sparkle.  After stamping the flight trail image in silver ink on the pale blue panel, I added the bee using foam tape.  The panel was edged with narrow strips of red cardstock, then adhered to a darker aqua card base.  The set's "bee mine" sentiment was stamped in a straight line on a narrow red cardstock strip.  The text was adhered to the cardfront with foam tape to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Bee Mine stamp set, Bee Mine Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com/

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Love that happy little bee image. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! This cute bee just makes me happy. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips