Sunday, January 14, 2018

Waving Hi

Waving Hi card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the sketch to create a winter themed design featuring a bear from the Polar Bear Pals stamp set.  The set's waving bear image was colored with Copic markers, then cut out by hand. I used foam tape to adhere the bear image to a snowflake embossed panel with a strip of shimmery white "snow" along the bottom.  To highlight the embossed flakes, I brushed a bit of shimmery white ink over the panel.  So pretty IRL! I framed the image with a pierced rectangle frame I cut with a pair of rectangle dies.  The framed image was adhered to a pale blue card base with a strip of blue and gray plaid patterned paper along the left side.

I stamped the set's "waving hi" sentiment in white pigment ink on a gray fishtail flag strip, then heat embossed the text with white embossing powder for a bold pop against the dark background.  After trimming the flag to size, I adhered it to the cardfront beneath the bear's feet to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Polar Bear Pals stamp set, Grout Grey cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black,Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, and Delicata White Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Perfectly Plaid Winter 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips