Friday, January 19, 2018

You Are the Best

You Are the Best card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea DesignsHere's my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge.  I mixed the sketch and color elements from the icy looking inspiration photo together for my design.

I paired two patterned papers on the cardfront--one plaid and one dotted.  The plaid panel was matted with silver cardstock before adhering it to the pale gray card base.  I added the narrow gray on gray dotted pattern paper strip over the plaid panel, then adhered a narrow pale blue cardstock strip across the cardfront.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "you" from both silver cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered them above the pale blue strip.  The "are the best" from SPD's You set was stamped beneath the die cut word in gray pigment ink to complete the sentiment.  I though about adding some enamel dots, but in the end, left it clean and simple, which is perfect for a masculine design.

Materials Used:
You stamp set, You die (SugarPea Designs); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Mist cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); Smokey Shadow patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Perfectly Plaid-Winter 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); craft foam

3 comments:

  1. Clean, uncluttered and love the frosty colours! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!
    Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean design and mix of patterns! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips