Monday, February 5, 2018

Bee Mine

Bee Mine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I used more images that I colored for the current Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge to put together this card that's perfect for Valentine's Day.  The layout is based on the current challenge at Match the Sketch.  My images are from the Paper Smooches Giddy Bugs stamp set.  To get the bee image facing in two different directions, I did a little mirror image stamping with the help of the back side of a large background stamp and my MISTI.  It didn't come out perfectly, but it'll work! 

After getting both of the images stamped, I colored them up with Copic markers, then cut out the images by hand.  I adhered them to a pair of light blue rounded edge squares using foam tape.  The squares were adhered to the left side of a piece of honeycomb patterned paper, leaving space for one more square beneath them.  I placed the last square on the panel, then added a strip of red ribbon across the bottom of the panel,wrapping the ends around the sides of the panel. For the sentiment, I stamped a red die cut heart with the "bee mine" sentiment from the Bee Mine stamp set.  I adhered the heart to the last blue square, again using foam tape for dimension.  The finished panel was adhered to a light blue card base to match the trio of squares.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs and Bee Mine stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Country Drive-Bee's Knees designer paper (Echo Park); Love Note dies (Reverse Confetti); red grosgrain ribbon; corner rounder; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Cute as always! Love your card. Thanks for playing with us at Match the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was ein schönes Kärtchen hüpfte dir da von deinem Basteltisch! Toll! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an unserer Challenge "Match-the-Sketch" und viel Glück für die Verlosung, liebe Grüße. Fanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always create the cutest cards Lori! I just love this one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips