Thursday, February 8, 2018

Celebrate

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things has started a new monthly birthday card challenge.  The theme for this month's challenge is "celebrate."  It's an appropriate place to start, right?

I incorporated the word "celebrate" into my design by using a die cut word as part of my sentiment.  The die cut is from the Die-namics Celebrate die set.  I cut the word out twice, once from red cardstock and once from craft foam.  The two pieces were layered for dimension.  I adhered the word to the top of a golden yellow cardstock panel with a piece of balloon patterned paper at the bottom.  To finish the sentiment, I stamped the "it's your birthday" from the All the Smiles stamp set in white pigment ink on a narrow blue cardstock strip and heat embossed the text so it would pop against the background.  I placed it beneath the die cut as a transition between the die cut and the busy pattern.   The finished panel was adhered to a red card base to match the die cut word.

Materials Used:
All the Smiles stamp set, Die-namics Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); It's a Celebration 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips