Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Just Be-Paws

Just Be-Paws card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for February's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I used a pair of images I colored earlier this month as part of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge for this just because or ("be-paws") card.  Since I'd already colored the dog house from Reverse Confetti's Paw Prints stamp set set in red, I found patterned papers that would work with the colored image.  I settled on a classic mix of dots and stripes.  The dotted blue paper was used to cover most of a coordinating light blue card base.  The striped red paper was cut into squares and matted on red cardstock, then adhered to the cardfront.  For the image panel, I arranged the dog and dog house images on a blue cardstock square using foam tape.  After matting the panel on the same red cardstock as I used for the striped paper, I adhered it to the cardfront.  I knew that if I stamped the sentiment directly on one of the striped panels, it would get lost, so I stamped the set's "just be-paws" sentiment on a narrow red strip, then adhered it to the lower striped panel to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Paw Prints stamp set, Paw Prints dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Quilting Bee 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips