Saturday, March 17, 2018

Simple Speech Bubble Hello

Speech Bubble Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Lawn Fawn
The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is fun with dies.  Since I just got Lawn Fawn's new Speech Bubbles dies, I thought I'd try them out for the challenge. I put together this simple monochromatic design with just the dies from the set--no stamps in sight! I cut three of the speech bubble shapes from light pink cardstock, then cut a word out of each bubble.

To fill in the negative space and highlight the words, I backed each die cut with a scrap of bright pink cardstock.  The words really stand out!  After settling on an arrangement I liked, I used foam tape to adhere the speech bubbles to a pink cardstock panel.  I accented them with a trio of pink enamel dots.  The finished panel was adhered to a bright pink card base to match the color of the words.

Materials  Used:
Speech Bubbles dies (Lawn Fawn); Flamingo and Piggy Bank cardstock (Reverse Confetti); pink enamel dots (Freckled Fawn); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Cute card Lori, Thanks for playing along at Lawn Fawnatics.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips