Saturday, April 21, 2018

My Umbrella

My Umbrella card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
Here's my card for this month's Viva la Verve sketch.  I created an encouraging design using Verve's Rain or Shine stamp set.  The outline umbrella image was stamped in black ink, then filled in with the solid image using red ink.  I used foam tape to adhere the umbrella to a pale aqua circle.  To fill in the scene, I tucked a stitched cloud die cut beneath the umbrella and added a trio of white sequin "raindrops" around it.  The finished mini scene was matted on a yellow circle.  To go with the solid umbrella, I found a dotted patterned paper with some red in it.  I cut it down to a square and rounded the edges, then matted it with yellow, too.  The panel was adhered to an aqua cardstock panel, then topped with a long aqua checked strip that runs the length of the panel.  I added the image panel on top.  The umbrella sentiment was stamped on a yellow circle and placed at the bottom of the image panel. 

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Daffodil Delight and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); stitched cloud dies (Lil' Inker Designs); white sequins; corner rounder; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful sentiment on this precious card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Love the colors and that bit of cloud behind the umbrella. Gorgeous take on the sketch, Lori. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips