Sunday, April 22, 2018

Whoot

Whoot card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I switched up one of the sketch's circle shapes to be a sort of round-ish owl from the Paper Smooches Hooties stamp set for my nighttime scene.  The owl was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die from the Owl Icons set.  I used foam tape to adhere the owl to a dark blue card base over a yellow circle "moon."  To ground the owl, I die cut a tree from kraft cardstock using one of the Trees 1 dies and tucked it underneath the owl.  The set's "whoot" sentiment was stamped beneath the branch in gold ink, then heat embossed to pop against the dark background.

Materials Used:
Hooties stamp set, Owl Icons and Trees 1 dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Golden Glitz inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle die (Spellbinders); Wow Gold embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this, especially that fabulous and kinda sleep looking owl - it makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips