Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Verve Visual Valentine

I got this new set of Valentine's Day stamps, called Wild Thing, from Verve Visual as soon as they were released, but hadn't had a chance to try them out yet. I loved the sentiments--they're a little different than the ones typically found in Valentine's Day sets. I especially liked "Every little thing you do is magic"--from the Police song, since I love their music (you may recall my recent "review" of their concert--here). I thought I'd pull them out for today's SCS color challenge--Real Red, Soft Sky, and Blue Bayou. I really like this color combination, especially how the red looks with the Bayou Blue. I thought it would make a nice, not-too-girly card and be perfect for the heart image.

This card was coming together really quickly. I stamped the heart images so the solid, patterned one was inside the open image. I cut the heart out and attached it to the white panel with a dimensional. I traced the white lines within the solid heart image with a Stardust pen for some sparkle, too.

Then, I started to use my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities dies to make the mats for the main image. That was the start of my problems. Somehow, one of the clear stamps--my favorite sentiment, in fact!--got stuck on one of my Cuttlebug plates. Since both the stamp and the plates are clear, I didn't notice until it was too late and there was a jam in the machine. I was able to unroll the jam, but a few of the letters in "thing" are precariously close to falling off of the stamp. I don't think there is any possible way to fix this. I am so very sad!! I do like the way the card turned out, though . . .

Materials Used
Wild Thing stamp set (Verve Visual); Blue Bayou and Real Red Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Real Red, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); silver brads (Making Memories); Stardust pen (Sakura)

8 comments:

  1. Sorry your stamp got caught in the Cuttlebug! However, this card is gorgeous! What an eye-catching color combination, and the sentiment is perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, Lori! The colors just "pop"!
    Sorry to hear about your stamp getting caught in the cuttlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! Love it! Sorry your card got snagged in it. I just got a new bug. Had to exchange my other one. It erupted. The side without the handle flew off. The bug is fun though. Glad I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lori!! I love that set too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I love that it is a Valentine's day card without some of the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card...love those colors too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this color combo and your design is great as well!!! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips