I've been eyeing Unity's cute Love Ewe kit for a long time and I'm excited that I've finally added it to my collection. Here, instead of fully coloring the image, I used some white flock to fill in the fuzzy, swirly fur. The image is cut out with a rectangle die, then layered on a scallop edged mat.I used a scallop edged mat to coordinate with the scallopy lines on the Upsy Daisy designer paper I used to cover the card base. A piece of olive silk ribbon covers the seam between the two patterns. I stamped the "love ewe" sentiment in black ink and added a pink button accent next to it. I have to admit that I cheated just a bit here and didn't do any stitching for the button hole. The single white stitch is drawn in with a white pen. It works great in a pinch!
Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Love Ewe kit, Stampendous Cotton Ball white Fun Flock, Upsy Daisy Flutter line-Freedom designer paper, Creative Impressions olive green silk ribbon, Palette Noir Black ink, Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Nestabilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies
other: Ripe Avocado and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); markers (Copic)
This is adorable! Love those scallops with that paper.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you in one week!!
This is a very sweet card. Love the image and the added touch of the fuzzy flock just made this extra special.
ReplyDelete