I used one of the flowers from Verve's Believe stamp set for the focal image. I stamped the flower in Versamark on a cream panel, then heat embossed the image so I could use the emboss resist technique. A sponge with Ripe Avocado ink was rubbed over the panel to reveal the flowers.I paired the image with a trio of patterned papers from Papertrey Ink's Turning a New Leaf paper pad. The colors and rustic, distressed feel of the papers seemed to be a good match for the look I was going for. With sketches like this one that have a kind of patchwork of paper panels, I always have a hard time getting the sizes of the pieces just right and this card was no exception. A few pieces of patterned paper ended up in my scrap bag before I got everything to fit.
The final element I added was the "just a note" sentiment from the Accent Notes set. It's stamped on a kraft panel and accented with a piece of knotted brown grosgrain ribbon that I rescued from my scrap pile.
Materials Used:
Believe and Accent Notes stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Dark Chocolate and Ripe Avocado inks, Ripe Avocado cardstock, Turning a New Leaf papers (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Clear embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Versamark (Tsukineko)
gorgeous, those colors together are very rich looking and the emboss resist looks great!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this
ReplyDelete