I kept the layout, colors, and theme pretty much the same in my version of the card. I used star images from Papertrey Ink's Star Prints set on mine. The stars are cut out with a combination of star shaped punches and Nestabilities dies. Using these together let me get a decent variety in sizes for layering. Instead of using swirly bling as an accent around the stars, I used some simple embossing to add texture. I embossed the kraft panel underneath the stars with a dotted pattern before layering on the stars using foam tape. The star border punch was a nice match for my theme.
Because of the tall "star" in my sentiment, I decided to stamp the sentiment directly on the card base instead of layering it on another panel. I like the way the card turned out, but I think I would have liked it more with a black border around the edge . . .
Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Kraft and Basic Black cardstock, large and small star punches (Stampin' Up!); star dies (Nestabilities); Classic Stars punch (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape
love it an i am probably going to case it cause i love masculine simple cards. You did a great job with this.
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC Lori...being homebound has really done wonderful things for your mojo. This card is strikingly beautiful. AWESOME color combo!
ReplyDelete