Thursday, February 8, 2007

Sassy Stems Sketch

This week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS) was hard for me to get a handle on. I knew I wanted to use one of the images from Sassy Stems that I got this week from a generous stamper through SCS's WISH-RAK forum. But other than that, I wasn't too sure of what I wanted to do. I used the Color Wheel to come up with the color combo for the card--it's a great tool for helping me get started when I'm stuck. I found that for me, the extra block on the top right side of the cardfront was a real challenge to incorporate into the design. I ended up making a tag that pulls out from behind the focal image to fill that space. The tag has a dotted background, picking up the dots from the ribbon and the panel on the left side of the card. The cardfront is stamped in Linen, tone on tone, and doesn't really show up in the photo, but looks nice IRL.

The dotted ribbon is from Michaels. They have a collection of awesome ribbon on wooden spools--great polka dotted ones and rich velvet in bright colors. They displayed them with a big mason jar as an organizer for the spools. Of course, I couldn't resist . . . There's still some room in the jar, though--I need to go back to get more ribbon to fill it up!


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Sassy Stems, Dotted, Linen, and Sweet Shapes stamp sets; Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, and Ruby Red cardstock; Basic Black, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, and Bashful Blue Classic inks; aquapainter; stampin' dimensionals; ticket corner punch; small and regular tag punches; word window punch; copper brad
Other: polka dot ribbon from Michaels

1 comment:

  1. You did such a good job with the sketch challenge...I wish I had thought to use ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips