Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Think Spring

Here's my try at Sketch Challenge 109 from Splitcoast Stampers. I wanted to get to this sketch before SC 110 was posted--and just barely made it! Since it's so cold out now, I wanted to make a card with colors that made me think "spring."

This bright card has a lot of elements that give it dimension . . . I used my Cuttlebug Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder to make the embossed mat for the cardfront. The flowers on the embossing folder coordinate perfectly with the flower from Sweet on You--I love when things work out like that! For the diagonal panel on the cardfront, I stamped the flower image on two colors of cardstock (Pixie Pink and Barely Banana), then cut them out. The top flower in each pair is raised with a stampin' dimensional. The tab on the bottom corner of the card is made with the word window punch. Since spring is nowhere in sight, this will have to do for now . . .

Supplies:
From Stampin' Up!: Sweet on You stamp set; Pixie Pink, Barely Banana, and Old Olive cardstock; Basic Black and Pixie Pink Classic inks; stampin' dimensionals; word window punch; 1/2" circle punch; scallop scissors
Other: Flower brad (Making Memories); Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips