Thursday, March 22, 2007

Polished and Pretty

Today's Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS was to use a technique that requires glossy cardstock. Since I used glossy cardstock yesterday with my new Butterfly Kisses stamp set from Papertrey Ink, I decided to try something different--and totally new to me. I tried the polished stone technique for the first time. It was very quick and easy to do and came out so cool. My silver reinker was a little thick and gloppy, though, so I have some big, solid puddles of silver that I don't think are supposed to look like that. After I made the polished stone background, I stamped the butterfly image over it using black ink. Simple, but stands out. Unfortunately, if you look close enough, my impatience shows through a little on this card. I didn't wait long enough for the gloppy silver puddles to dry, so there's some silver smears and smudges on the ribbon and on the black and turquoise cardstock (and on the back of the red cardfront, and on my paper cutter, and on my glue applicator--I'll be busy cleaning up after I finish this post!). I also didn't realize that I hadn't waited long enough for the Real Red ink I stamped on the cardfront to dry before stamping the sentiment in Versamark to emboss, so some stray powder stuck to the red ink. I always forget that about SU!'s Real Red ink . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up:
Real Red and Basic Black Classic inks; Versamark; Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, and glossy white cardstock; Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Classic reinkers; silver Encore ink refill; red grosgrain ribbon; stampin' dimensionals; silver embossing powder
Other: Butterfly Kisses stamp set (Papertrey Ink); acrylic sealer; acrylic blocks

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, Lori! Thanks so much for sending one to me for my birthday! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips