Saturday, March 17, 2007

Trying a Triangle Trifold

Since I saw this tutorial on making triangle trifold cards earlier this week on SCS, I've been wanting to give it a try. I decided to use the contents of one of my Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' kits from Sell-a-bration to create the cards. This worked out beautifully! Even though the cards were made from the same basic materials, I created three entirely different cards from the kit materials.



Each card used the same base color and patterned cardstock, but had different self-adhesive die cut images (Stampin' Up!'s fancy word for stickers) on the front. I also used different ribbons to tie each of the cards closed. This card uses sparkly green ribbon I found at Michaels--it has subtle gold threads running through it and is very eye-catching IRL. The only stamping on the card is on the "delight in life" sentiment and flourish images on the center panel of the card. I used 12x12 cardstock to cut the card bases, so the card is a little larger than if it had been made with 8 1/2"x 11" cardstock. I'm posting only one here so I can send the others out in the mail later this week to some SCS friends.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!:
Delight in Life stamp set; Just Delightful Simply Scrappin' Kit (Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Very Vanilla cardstock, self-adhesive die cuts); Bashful Blue Classic ink; 1/16" handheld punch; stampin' dimensionals
Other: Clear Stardust gel pen (Sakura); blue brads (Making Memories); green ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips