Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sage Elephant

Today's Color Challenge on SCS was to use Real Red, Basic Black, and Sage Shadow. Now, Real Red and Basic Black I can do (see yesterday's card), but using Sage Shadow is a real challenge for me. I decided to use the fun new paper I got this weekend while shopping (instead of spending time on the freezing cold beach--I just can't let that go!). The paper is by DCWV and called "The Glitter Stack." All of the papers have glittery details in them. The one problem is that the paper stinks--literally. It stunk up everything in my suitcase. I'm not quite sure why that is . . . Anyway, I cut up a black and white/silver piece for the card. I stamped the elephant from Wild About You in Sage Shadow craft ink, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, making the elephant a little shiny. The elephant is matted on a black scalloped oval and I added layered Prima flowers for the elephant to "hold" in its trunk. The sentiment is stamped on a scalloped panel I made with the corner rounder punch.

I'm planning to add a Blog Roll to my blog. If you have a blog and would like me to add a link to yours, let me know by emailing me (see the link on the side) or leaving a comment on this post. Thanks!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Wild About You stamp set; Sage Shadow Craft and Classic inks; Basic Black, Real Red, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; small corner rounder; stampin' dimensionals; Coluzzle and oval template; Crystal Clear embossing powder; silver brad; white gel pen
Other: giga scalloped oval punch (Marvy Uchida); black paper from "The Glitter Stack" (by DCWV--I got mine at Joann); Prima flowers; black dotted organdy (Michaels); silver heart brad (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. I was already linked to your blog.

    I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Heather
    hwstevens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips