Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friend Shaker Card

Here's a card based on a sketch that Diane posted as her Sunday morning challenge last week. Diane's challenge was to use the sketch she provided with the retiring SU! set Lexicon of Love and the colors Elegant Eggplant, Regal Rose, and Always Artichoke, plus any embellishments to create a card. I needed a thank you card for a very dear friend who sent me a birthday card and gift last week . She and her family moved away last fall and I miss them SO much. My friend loves all and everything purple, so I created the card for this challenge with her in mind.

Probably inspired by the plastic baggie of sequins on my stamping table that I hadn't yet gotten around to putting away, I ended up making another shaker card, this time using the "friend" image from Lexicon of Love as my main image inside the shaker. Since I didn't have an Elegant Eggplant marker, I ended up masking around the word "friend" with post it notes so I could use a Stampin' Spot to ink up the word only, then removed the post its and colored the rest of the sentiment using an Always Artichoke marker.

Instead of a background stamp, I decided to use the Cuttlebug "You" embossing folder for the front of the card. Even though the font styles are totally different, the words on the embossing folder go so well with the friend definition. I probably should have brushed some white craft ink over the raised parts to highlight them, but didn't think of it at the time. The plastic flowers are from two different containers of Queen & Co. embellishments. Hopefully the card will make it safely to North Carolina so my friend can enjoy it.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Lexicon of Love stamp set; Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke Classic inks; Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock; glue dot
Other: You embossing folder (Cuttlebug); sequins (party store); window sheet; plastic flower embellishments (Queen & Co.); green brad (Making Memories); foam tape (Duck)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips