Monday, June 25, 2007

Bold, Bright Pick a Petal

As promised, here's one of the cards that my friend Michele and I created during our stamping play date on Saturday night. We had a great time stamping, chatting, and eating. We've scheduled our next play date for Saturday afternoon with our friend Larcy. We were both excited about how this card turned out. I love this card's bright colors. It was really easy to stamp and pull together and is really stunning in person, even though it is a simple layout and image.

The outline petal from Pick an Petal was stamped in two colors of craft inks, Pixie Pink and Pink Passion. It's a subtle difference between the two colors of craft ink, but it is more obvious IRL than in my photo. It took a little experimentation, but I think I've figured out how to use this layout (flower off one edge of the paper) to arrange the petals from Pick a Petal so that they come out looking relatively like a flower. My first few tries weren't aligned right and went right to the trash. I'll post some photos soon showing what I've found to work.

The craft ink was covered with Crystal Clear embossing powder while the ink was still wet (love that about craft inks!), then the powder was heated. The petals have a cool, glossy raised look. The same technique was used for the flower's center (stamping the outline image, then the solid center, then covering with clear EP).

The sentiment is one from the Vases in Vogue set. I had originally stamped the sentiment in black ink directly on the corner of the white panel, but I didn't get it straight. So, I had to go with plan B--stamp the sentiment on an oval and attach it with a dimensional, covering my mess up.

No new SU! catalog here yet in MD. The UPS tracking info I've checked says there will be boxes delivered to my zip code tomorrow--when, of course I have class to attend after work. Not sure if one of those boxes is mine, but I'm hopeful.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Pick a Petal and Vases in Vogue stamp sets; Basic Black Classic ink; Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, and Tempting Turquoise Craft inks; Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; Crystal Clear embossing powder; small corner rounder; large oval punch; dimensionals; 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches

2 comments:

  1. Great Card! Love the design and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial--even though I made the same card with you, you know I'll forget how to lay it out again! I love your creative designs. you know you inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips