Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bud Basics Times Two

This pair of cards is made using the Bud Basics and Basics jumbo wheel. You're not seeing double--it is the same card, just done in different color schemes. Isn't it interesting how changing the color really can change the feel of a card?

The sketch and the colors for this card came from Diane's weekly Sunday Morning Challenge. I didn't get to it last weekend, so when I saw that she extended the challenge an additional week, I decided to give it a try. The sketch came from last year's SU! catalog. I always forget about using the catalog for inspiration . . .

Usually when I use Bud Basics, I use Earth Elements colors, so starting with Bold Brights colors was different. For some reason, I have a really hard time lining up the images in this set when I do 2-step stamping. My flowers, especially the large one, are always WAY off, no matter how hard I try to match them up.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bud Basics and Happy Everything stamp set; Basics jumbo wheel and handle; Ruby Red, Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Basic Brown, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, and Basic Black Classic inks; Ruby Red, Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, and Whisper White cardstock; Prints Series designer paper in So Saffron; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink grosgrain; dimensionals; large oval punch
Other: tags; self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards!!! Really turned out in the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these cards. They look really nice. Thanks for showing them. I need to use my wheels more often, I can definately see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so pretty, and I love the different color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, love your color combo on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both. Bold brights are difficult for me too, but this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both awesome Lori, but I especially love the one where you chose the colors. The faux stitching is a neat touch and using the prints designer paper as a mat is a great idea! I love that whole line of prints designer papers because they give you the subtlety of a backgound stamp without having to use any stmaps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cards, I like them both...but keep being drawn to the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips