Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome, Little Guy

See this post to enter the drawing for my unbirthday blog candy prize.

A friend of mine is having a baby this week and I wanted to make a special card to welcome the new little guy. It took a while to come up with, but I finally ended up with this many layered creation. The card is in shades of brown and blue to match the baby's nursery. The nursery's theme is cars--no car stamps in my house, though, so a baby carriage was best substitution I could come up with!

The baby carriage is from the Fun & Fast stamp set that demos received at the SU! convention last month. This is the first time I've used this set since I got home from convention. I stamped the carriage in black ink, then colored it with Prismacolor pencils. The dots are highlighted with a blue Sakura Glaze pen. They're shiny and dimensional IRL. The carriage is outlined in a silvery, sparkly pen for a metallic look.

The velvet rick rack is from one of Jody's ribbon shares. I got home today and found the box stuffed full of a rainbow of yummy ribbon, including this rick rack, waiting at my door. I couldn't wait to use it, so I opted for a piece of rick rack on this card. The brown of the rick rack is much closer in color to the cocoa cardstock than it looks in the picture . . .

I'm off to fix the leaning tower of drawers that houses my stamp collection. Somehow the drawers have begun to tilt. I'm worried that they'll tumble over. The commotion this would create would be enough to cause a big panic in my already anxiety-ridden but charming dog. I've been putting this off for a few days, but I think it's at the point where so I need to do something soon . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Fun & Fast Notes stamp set; Basic Black and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; word window punch; silver brads; dimensionals
Other: Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); patterned paper (Nana's Kids by DCWV); velvet rick rack; blue Glaze pen (Sakura); silver Twinklette Glitter marker (Marvy)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips