Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Rose for You

I made this card for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I used the Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The rose is stamped on shimmery white paper with three different coordinating SU! dye inks. The rose image actually includes 4 separate images, so to get 4 different colors, I stamped off the lightest color (Regal Rose) before using it to stamp the base image. I tried my best not to cover up much of the pretty rose image when I placed the sentiment panel. I added just a few pearly Dew Drops to the cardfront. They look beautiful with the shimmery cardstock.

The large panel on the cardfront is embossed with the Cuttlebug script text embossing folder. When I started to work on this card, this embossing folder immediately came to mind. I thought the elegant look of this embossed image would work well paired with the equally elegant rose and script sentiment.

I ended up staying home from work today to rest and to try to recover from whatever bug I've come down with. After getting up to make some arrangements for stuff at work, I slept for some of the morning and part of the early afternoon and now I'm starting to feel a little better.

Now, I need to admit that I've been terrible about acknowledging some of the fun awards I've received from other crafty bloggers. I've meant to post them and send thank yous, but time has just gotten away from me. I'm going to try to make up for some of that by posting this one today. Mercy from Lord Have Mercy! and Jules from Need to Stamp have awarded me this "Excellent" award for Inking Aloud. I'm so honored that they would think of me. I'm supposed to nominate other bloggers for this award, but I'm so not good at that. I think it's the kindergarten teacher in me that doesn't want to "play favorites" with all my blogging friends. So, if you're reading this, please consider yourself nominated.

Materials Used:
Hearts & Roses stamp set, Silver Bells Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Regal Rose, Rose Red, Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Script Texture embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

8 comments:

  1. This card made me gasp, it's so pretty! Tracy Durcan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with this stamp.....it's gorgeous! Lovely card there!!!! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Lori! This card is gorgeous!! I have been drooling over this set and your beautiful card is going to push me over the edge! LOL Super nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous stamped card creations you do ! love them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    Oh MY GOSH!!! I love your cards... (I subscribe so I get your personalized creations in my mailbox almost everyday!) LOVE THEM... but this one takes the cake my dear, You did an AMAZING job lining up the stamps and getting 'em all to fit perfectly, and the colors are beautiful!!! The layout is fabulous too. I love it!!!
    Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This rose is absolutely gorgeous! The whole card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rose is gorgeous...your color choices are right on target.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card, but then I am a sucker for roses so hey!!! lol, but seriously this is a gorgeous card, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips