Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yet Another Glam Girl . . .

I've made some good progress on my convention swaps today and finished part of my portfolio project, so I "earned" some fun stamping time tonight! If you're a frequent visitor to Inking Aloud, you've probably noticed that I've been having a great time with these Glam Girls images from C. C. Designs lately. They are so cute and so fun to color. I made this card using Mary Jo's sketch challenge. I thought this sketch would be perfect to highlight another one of these cuties.

I picked Layla, one of the images just released in June, for this card. Based on the dots in her shirt and the buttons on her pants, I found this funky dotted paper with kind of a retro color scheme in a big paper pad and colored the image with Copic markers to match the paper's color scheme.


I picked up the dot theme again in the sentiment, stamping "hello" on a small circle, then attaching it to an oval piece and adding brads on either side of the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Glam Girls image (C. C. Designs); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); rectangle and oval dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Scrapbook Wizard); Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue cardstock, 3/4" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); orange brads (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. Great coloring on this one! She is super cute. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! We just used her yesterday at my SAS. She's fun to colour~! I love that DP...so FUN! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori! This card is adorable! She looks super sassy! Love that paper! : )

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips