Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stampin' Up! Stuff

Although I enjoy collecting and using stamps and products from a variety of different companies and sources, I'm making a concerted effort to go back to my Stampin' Up! roots on a more regular basis. I know that some of my blog readers want to see things that are exclusively Stampin' Up!, so I'm really going to try to devote at least a post or two a week to SU! only entries. With that being said, here's one of those posts.

I made this card using Mary Jo's sketch. I signed up for a holiday mini swap with the Great Swaps Girls using the new Halloween Frights set, so I thought I'd try it out first for the sketch--kind of a warm up for my swap card, I guess. I used a brayer and three different colors of ink on glossy cardstock to create the panel for the stamped images. I used a post it note to mask the circle for the moon. The trio of bats is stamped in black ink.

I used a piece of paper from the Ghostly Greetings pack for the panel on the bottom of the card. I punched the word window punch three times to make a spot for the "spooky nights" sentiment at the bottom of the card. The words are stamped on the orange panel that's layered behind the patterned paper.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Halloween Frights stamp set, So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, and Basic Black Classic inks, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Glossy White cardstock, Ghostly Greetings designer paper, word window punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, brayer, dimensionals

I made this card using a sketch that Mercy posted on her blog a while ago. This was such a quick card to make and it turned out exactly like I saw it in my mind, too.

I started with the strip of striped Sweet Always designer paper on the cardfront. I used this paper as the color inspiration for my card.

I wanted to paper piece the large cupcake image, so I stamped the bottom on Close to Cocoa cardstock, the top on Pink Pirouette cardstock, and the candle on Pumpkin Pie cardstock then cut out the image pieces. I pieced them together on the white panel, attaching the cupcake top with dimensionals. The sprinkles on the cupcake are colored with marker, then covered with Dazzling Diamonds, too.

I decorated the pink panel on the left side of the card using the Cupcake wheel. This coordinates perfectly with the images in the Crazy for Cupcakes set. That's one of the things I like the most about SU!--the stamps, papers, inks, and accessories work so well together.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set, Cupcakes wheel and handle, Basic Black and Regal Rose Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock, Sweet Always designer paper, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, and Pumpkin Pie markers, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards, Lori! The cake on your second card looks so yummy looking!!

    I started a new blog just for my Stampin Up projects. . .I'm trying to be exclusive SU on that blog site but it's really hard not to add a few things from other brands. I try to stick to an 80% rule and so far it's working out.

    Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great SUO cards, Lori! Can't wait to see your GSG swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween card. But then I just love Halloween. Really like the way you brayered the ink on the circle element. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both card are wonderful Lori. Love how your DS paper looks with these sets! Great workshop cards for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspriation to me!!! Love your creations and your eye for details that I would never think to put on my cards...

    With that being said, you are one of my favorite bloggers... so unfortunately you get to be "tagged" (sorry)
    laurasgreetings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the way the sky turned out. The second card is adorable too. I have such a hard time making a card without using the nestabilities or cuttlebug. Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Cards!!
    I love SU stamps :)
    but there are "so many" cute
    stamps around...some that I really
    "have to have"...lol
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your take on the sketch! love the colors, and that cupcake looks yummy!

    thanks for playing!
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so cute and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Halloween card is just beautiful the way you did the backgound behind the moon and bats! A really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips