Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fairy Tale Trio

I am having so much fun with the DoodleFactory Fairy Tale images from Starving Artistamps. Since fairy tales often feature the number three (that’s my kindergarten teacher background showing through here . . . ), I think it's appropriate that I have a trio of fairy tale themed cards to share with you today.

This was actually the first idea that came to mind when I saw the images in this set. To get the textured look on the castle turrets, I stamped the images on gray cardstock, cut them out, then ran them through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. I wanted kind of an old stone look and I think this worked nicely.

The princess image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added some sparkly highlights with my Spica glitter pens. After I cut out the princess, I placed her on the cardfront with dimensionals. The turret was rounded slightly, then attached in front of the princess, also using dimensionals. I used a cloud template to create an inked cloudy sky as a background for the scene.

The speech bubble is made with a Stampendous sticker. I needed a large speech bubble to fit in the entire sentiment, so I ended up filling in one of the open bubbles with a piece of white cardstock. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words just right to fit the bubble.

Materials Used:
Princess, castle, and sentiment images, speech bubble sticker (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, glitter pens (Copic); Pixie Pink and Baja Breeze Classic inks, White Craft ink, Pixie Pink, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray cardstock, sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (Cuttlebug); cloud template (Nicole)

This one combines the dragon image with a cute cupcake image, also from Starving Artistamps. The dragon is colored with Copic markers and highlighted with glitter from Spica markers and Stickles.

I stamped the cupcake image twice and cut out one of the images to attach to the stamped panel using a dimensional. The “make a wish” sentiment is included in the sentiment sheet that matches the fairy tale images.

Materials Used:
dragon, sentiment, and cupcake images (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, glitter pens (Copic); Purple Stickles (Ranger); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); pink grosgrain ribbon (?); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); 1 1/8” circle punch (EK Success); Threading Water punch (Fiskars)


Here’s the final fairy tale card in the trio. This one features the knight image. I paper pieced the image using a combination of red, brown, and shimmery silver papers. It took a little time to get the paper piecing done, but the look is worth it!

I layered the paper pieced image on a red mat, then attached it to the card. The gray panel is stamped with a new striped background stamp from Starving Artistamps. It’s great that I can make my own striped papers in whatever colors I need using this stamp! I added a sentiment and a felt heart to coordinate with the image and complete the card. I totally love the way this turned out!

Materials Used:
knight image and sentiment, striped background stamp (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Basic Gray ink, Real Red, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Basic Gray, and Brushed Silver cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities); felt heart (American Crafts)

4 comments:

  1. OMG, these are awesome Lori! I haven't gotten those yet but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pebbly castle walls!! Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! You have been one busy stamper!! Fab job on all!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips