Monday, December 29, 2008

Kitchen Sink Monday: Cheers!

It's Kitchen Sink Monday once again. Even though I'm not a big New Year's Eve fan, I thought I'd do something celebratory for this week's KSS card.

I used another of the sparkly martini glass gift tags on this card. I couldn't put them away just yet--they're so fun! I arranged the tag and an embossed Prima flower with a Dew Drop center on a white and red layered Top Note die cut. I cut off just a bit from the long side of the die cut so that it would fit on the cardfront and leave a little extra space to work with.

I wrapped a piece of wide teal satin ribbon around the black card base, then layered the Top Note on to the card. The red and teal really pop against the black background. I spelled out "cheers!" using the letters from the 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy stamp set and stamped the sentiment in silver Encore ink to match the shiny silver glass.

I'm off to take Cosmo the crazy dog to the vet for his check up---wish me luck! For more Kitchen Sink Stamps inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. You can find their blogs here:

Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lynn McAuley
Maria Colosimo
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger

Materials Used:
1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy stamp set, pearl Dew Drop, 1" teal satin ribbon (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Silver Encore ink, Top Note die, pop up glue dot, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flower (Prima); gift tag (Target)

9 comments:

  1. I don't really celebrate New Year's either, heck I'm usually asleep by 10pm...haha!
    Love your super sparkly glass! Very cool Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrate quietly at home with the girls. I've never been a big fan of going out anywhere. This is really cool! Very bold! I love the big martini glass, and I love that splash of teal ribbon! NICE! Good luck at the vet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this adorable New Year's design, Lori!!! So festive with the sparkling glass and big bow!!

    I need to order that 1/2 Pint alphabet today!!! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so wonderful Lori!! I love the LO - love the sparkly tage and how you added the sentiment! Great card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Hope you had a good time at the hockey game and that Cosmo fares well at the vets.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the teal pops! You have the best ribbon! (I'm not tired of seeing your Martini tags either. *wink) What a gorgeous sparkly and festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is COOL! I love the glittery glass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too fun Lori!!! Absolutely Fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips